Santander in the UK
In support of the group vision, Santander UK's vision is to be the best bank in the UK for our people, our customers and our shareholders. Some of the things that define us are:
- We are one of the largest mortgage and savings providers in UK with 14% mortgage share, 10% savings and deposits share and 10% branch market share
- We have around 1,400 branches across the UK, with more than 40 regional sites and main offices in Belfast, Bootle, Bradford, Glasgow, Leicester, London and Milton Keynes
Our strategy is to build a better bank over the next three years by focusing on five key objectives:
- Improving customer service: Good customer service is a fundamental part of what we must provide for our customers. It will also help us to retain existing customers and attract new ones.
- Becoming more customer driven: Recognising that different customers have different needs, so we are moving away from a ‘one size fits all' approach.
- Becoming the SME Bank of choice: Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) are the engines of economic growth and job creation in the UK.
- Balancing our business mix: We want to improve the balance of our business mix by continuing to build on our strong retail presence whilst increasing our market share in commercial and corporate banking.
Delivering on our objectives will mean our people are proud to work for Santander, our customers are satisfied and our financial results are better, with an increased contribution to the economic growth of the UK and the best return for our shareholders.
If you want to know more about us in the UK, click here to visit our website.