Who are Advance?
Advance are an independent Trades Union, affiliated to the Trades Union Congress (TUC). We represent members in Santander UK plc and all its subsidiaries except Santander Technology.
Advance has recognition in 95% of Customer Interactions' branches and Head Office sites, representing thousands of members across the country.
To continuously improve the working lives of all of our members by being your Voice at Work. To achieve this, we have regular meetings with senior management in every function of Santander's business. We are regularly consulted on all parts of the Bank regarding change, pilots and all other issues that affect the working lives of our members at both national and local level. We attend over 200 meetings with senior management per year. This includes negotiating on many changes which include all aspects of Pay, Reward and Policy.
We believe that it is in the best interests of all employees to join a trades union that represents them. Advance has a network of representatives throughout the Bank who listen to your views and the feedback that you provide. They can help you to receive confidential advice, information and representation, when required.
We pride ourselves on offering an exemplary service for a monthly subscription of only £6.70.
Your membership includes:
- Members can contact Advance's Helpline from 8.30am – 5.00pm to receive up-to-date advice and information. In providing this service, Advance employs a qualified team of consultants.
- Members have access to the General Secretary, Linda Rolph, on one evening per week.
- Representation is available from Linda's senior team for a variety of meetings including Disciplinary, Grievance, Sickness Absence hearings and other meetings that are important to you.
- Advance publishes a regular magazine which gives members up-to-date information on all aspects of their working lives. This can include help in achieving the best outcome for your appraisal. We also conduct regular surveys which include asking for your ideas on what you want.
- Advance has a monthly lottery with a top prize of £1,000.
- Advance offer a selection of other benefits at cost price.
How to join
Joining Advance is easy. You can join Online by clicking here, by calling the Advance office on 01442 891122 or by posting a completed application form to our office in Tring.
Advance can only help you if you are a member at the time of an event taking place. People insure their health – why not insure your working life?